Re: ***DHSPAM*** question about a HTML parsing testcase

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> For:

> You gave the following parse errors (in your testcase submission):
>
> 3: missing document type declaration
> 13: unexpected node in table context
> 13: a element start tag implying a element end tag
> 13: unexpected node in table context

This is caused by the implied </a> end tag being found in the <table>.

> 13: mismatched a element end tag (misnested tags across <table> tag)
> 21: mismatched table element end tag
> 27: a element start tag implying a element end tag
> 27: mismatched a element end tag (out-of-order end tags)
> 32: mismatched p element end tag
> 35: a element start tag implying a element end tag
> 35: mismatched a element end tag (out-of-order end tags)
> 36: mismatched body element end tag (premature end of file?)
>
> I get (using html5lib):
>
>  2 Unexpected start tag (a). Expected DOCTYPE.
> 12 Unexpected start tag (a) in table context caused voodoo mode.
> 12 Unexpected start tag (a) implies end tag (a).

I would have expected to see a "voodoo" message here again, except that I
assume you are optimising away the trip through the "in table" insertion
mode, where that parse error is found.

> 12 End tag (a) violates  step 1, paragraph 1 of the adoption agency algorithm.
> 20 Unexpected end tag (table). Expected end tag (a).
> 26 Unexpected start tag (a) implies end tag (a).
> 26 End tag (a) violates  step 1, paragraph 2 of the adoption agency algorithm.
> 31 Unexpected end tag (p).
> 34 Unexpected start tag (a) implies end tag (a).
> 34 End tag (a) violates  step 1, paragraph 2 of the adoption agency algorithm.
> 35 Unexpected end of file. Missing closing tags.
>
> This is one parse less in col 12/13. Is "unexpected node in table
> context" a duplicate that shouldn't be there?

It's not a duplicate, it's theoretically a bug in your code. I don't know
if you really want to fix it though, since fixing it presumably will cause
a performance hit.