Re: Fwd: Second Life Eduserv Foundation MeetingPod(s)

Ralph R. Swick wrote:
> thanks.  Yes, I've read and heard some of the buzz about Second Life.
> (The morning television show for which TimBL was interviewed
> last year featured about 2 seconds of TimBL and several
> minutes of Second Life.)

They're definitely onto something, ... but at the same time, I find that
after obsessing on it for a week, I find I've not revisited the world
much in a couple months. But there's a generation younger than the Web
who are more at home in 3D than me, ... I think they're definitely onto
something. And the MOO/SL architecture I've always found inspiring...
> I wonder if there's a way for me to peek at this MeetingPod
> "automatic chair" without being sucked into the whole universe?

I'm not sure. I expect the easiest way would be for you to locate a SL
enthusiast around W3C/MIT and peer over their shoulder as they take a
look at it. Getting the hang of navigation, UI, login, client download
etc could eat and afternoon or evening easily...

I'll have a look at the MeetingPod myself, maybe I can summarise
interesting points...

cheers,

Dan