From: Andy Powell <andybom611@gmail.com>
Date: 10-Jan-2007 11:44
Subject: Second Life Eduserv Foundation MeetingPod(s)
To: alliancesecondlife@googlegroups.com

Some of you may have noticed the Eduserv Foundation MeetingPod, a
clear spherical meeting room high up in the air over near the Talis
tower block on Cybrary City.  This is intended as a free resource for
the community, so feel free to use it if you want.  To enter it,
right-click on the sign outside the tower block and select 'Go to
Pod'.  Details about the MeetingPod are available here

http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/sl/meetingpod/

A novel (AFAIK) feature of the MeetingPod is that meetings are chaired
automatically - an attempt to get round the problems caused by
everyone starting to speak/chat at the same time.  You raise your hand
to speak and the virtual chair keeps track of who is in the queue.

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone who uses the MeetingPod
about any usability issues with this approach.

I've recently added a second version of the MeetingPod, slightly
nearer the edge of the Cybrary City sim - this is not as enclosed as
my first design in an attempt to get round problems with people ending
up  on the outside of the MeetingPod accidentally.  Because of its
open design, this MeetingPod can simply be flown into.

Each MeetingPod can accomodate a meeting of up to eight people
currently - though in theory there is no reason why the virtual chair
couldn't handle a bigger meeting.  If you want a demonstration, or
just to have me there when you try it out don't hesitate to IM me
in-world - Art Fossett.

Enjoy!

Art Fossett / Andy Powell
--