Re: tbody and CSS for table

Hi Karl and Ben,

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:12:58 +0900 Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>  wrote:

> See
> http://www.w3.org/2007/08/table-tbody-css
>
> In Camino 2007050909  and Firefox/2.0.0.1 (Screenshot in Camino)
> * Overflow is working vertically, but buggy horizontally.
> * when there are CSS borders, first table the lines don't move (1st
> example)
> * tfoot is buggy

That's pretty cool. I had know idea  that could be accomplished with
CSs. It would be great to see that incorporated into browser default
stylesheets: especially if it could be applied to select tables over
a certain dimension. Of course the browsers would first need to
provide less buggy support for it.

I would really like to see this as part of the HTML5 recommendation
(in terms of default or optional behavior at the user's discretion).
Even if it's already inherent in HTML and CSS recommendations, making
it explicit as a recommended behavior would be good for
interoperability.

Take care,
Rob