Re: Status of Design Principles Review

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 09:49 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Hello Chairs,
>
> Just so you know what my plans are....
>
> I've collated most of the feedback from the wiki and organized it by
> principle and type of change requested: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/DesignPrinciplesReview
>  >.

Great...

> The only remaining wiki feedback that needs organizing is everything
> relating to the "Pave the Cowpaths" principle; I'll do that next.
> After that, I will fold in anything the email feedback I know of that
> wasn't in the wiki at all, and anything arising from the
>
> At that point, I'll let the list know that the feedback is all
> gathered and they should send mail if they have an important point
> they want to make that has been missed.

There's a serious risk that this will invite more discussion
than is really helpful; if you skip that step, I won't mind.

>  And then I'll start making
> changes to the spec in response to feedback. I imagine more feedback
> will come in over time, as a result of the survey.

Yeah... here's hoping one of us finds time to double-check
that the survey results are covered by
topic/HTML/DesignPrinciplesReview ...
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/dprv/results

> I think the two trickiest areas will be the "Pave the Cowpaths"
> principle, where understandings diverge and there is support or
> opposition based on different understandings, and "Universal Access"
> where some accessibility advocates have asked that it be worded much
> more strongly than its current form or the other principles.

Hmm.