Re: Versioning and html[5]

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:00:31 +1000
To: Mike Schinkel <w3c-lists@mikeschinkel.com>
CC: www-archive@w3.org

Mike Schinkel wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Setting ultimatums about not making any changes whatsoever will not
>> get us anywhere and if that's the case, we may as well all pack up and
>> go home now!  I, and I'm sure many others too, have absolutely no
>> interest in writing a spec that only defines how to handle future
>> content, leaving today's content to rot.  If that's what you want,
>> you're welcome to join the XHTML2 WG.  But in this group, we have real
>> work to do.
>
> Your replies come across very antagonistic, and I think they will only
> result in less cooperation, not more. Maybe you might want to consider
> less inflammatory wording?

I needed to express the seriousness of the situation.  Unfortunately,
Microsoft's monopoly, and the fact that he is a co-chair of this WG,
puts Chris Wilson and IE in a very dangerous and influential position
that could, if he gets his way, seriously undermine the work of the
HTMLWG, the WHATWG and the web standards community at large.

I do not intend to be overly antagonistic, but Chris Wilson and the IE
team need to comprehend the situation, and understand that nothing good
can come from their failure to co-operate reasonably.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/