Re: A simpler Web service response format

* Henri Sivonen wrote:
>I'd appreciate comment on the design of my draft format. Also, I am
>curious whether there is (outside the context of Unicorn) interest or
>need for making different validators and checkers to use a common
>report format.

You might want to read my notes on the subject. They do not propose any
particular format, but list requirements and problems to be solved by a
format of this kind, see <http://esw.w3.org/topic/MarkupValidator/M12N>.
In the context of that document, the need for a common format came from
the desire to enable multiple independent tools to combine the results
at low and high levels, for example, to combine multiple "microformat"
checkers with a general-purpose XHTML Validator. Also note that the ISO
19757-3 (Schematron) specification defines a reporting format.