Re: installed MoinMoin:AntiSpamGlobalSolution on esw

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:06:52AM -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I followed these directions exactly:
>
> [[
> change your moin_config.py to read:
>
> from MoinMoin.util.antispam import SecurityPolicy
> #...
>       * antispam.py - put this into MoinMoin/util/antispam.py.
> ]]
>   -- http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/AntiSpamGlobalSolution
>
>   (and left a note in http://esw.w3.org/topic/WikiSpam )
>
> and indeed, it seems to work: I took one of the older
> spammy links and tried to add it and got blocked.

Friggin' spammer!

> I used sort of a big hammer to install it: I just used
> sudo and wrote the files in place, so it may interact badly
> with the debian package stuff.

One question is whether it is flagged as a configuration file and will
thus ask for intervention by whomever is upgrading the packages. I
tried to ask

  swada:~# dpkg -D220 -L moin | grep moin_config.py
  /usr/share/moin/cgi-bin/moin_config.py
  /usr/share/doc/moin/examples/moin_config.py

but apparently -D doesn't behave like I expect it to.

swada is a sarge (testing) box so you can expect updates to moin
fairly frequently (guessing' order of a week). I have no idea what
inspires it to upgrade. If you don't mind, you could check every once
in a while* (tm) until the version changes.

  swada:~# dpkg -l moin
  ii  moin           1.2.3-1        MoinMoin - a Python clone of WikiWiki

> But new versions of moinmoin include this feature, I think,
> so the cost shouldn't be too high.

Yes, that could be another way things could just work out.

--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN