Re: "information resource"

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 14:29, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> Only the document can speak for the document.

Right; so please quote it.

> I have been attacked before for seeming to speaking for the group.
> So I speak for myself -- but hope to help people understand the
> document.

The time for speaking for yourself has come and gone; you agreed
to go to last call; that's largely an agreement to let the document
speak for itself, no?

> Maybe I should say "my understanding of what the document means is"

No; just quote from the document.

Or if you must, say "I suggest we change it to say...".

> When Norm says """The notion of "resources" and "information resources"
> is, from my
> perspective, a compromise designed to allow two world views to achieve
> consensus."""  that suggets to me that he feels that the two world
> views are incompatible and the document actually ducks the issue (like
> the NS  document's famous "not a goal")

Yes, I'm afraid so.

> I would like to feel that the TAG in fact have a definition which we
> can speak to, but apparently this is not the case and I have no way of
> getting there.

Well, perhaps no easy way...