Re: Proposed draft RDF Graph vocabulary

From: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:19:26 +0100
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: <www-archive@w3.org>, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us>

> > Using signatures also don't make signing agents special (=owners),
> > because
> > several agent can sign the same named graph instance.
>
> True, and then they are joint owners/publishers, if that signing occurs
> in the graph itself.

Initial comment: The signature of a graph can not be included into the graph
for technical reasons.

Signing a graph works the following way:

1. You take a graph

2. You calculate the hash of it

3. then you encrypt the hash using your private key.

Having the signature inside the graph makes it impossible to calculate the
hash, because things are getting circular.

I will think further about the other points of your mail ....

Chris