Re: [w3photo] General update

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Masahide Kanzaki wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've updated img-annotator [1] to add rdf:ID's to each Rectangles, and have
> an:author, an:created to describe who made this annotation when. (though
> still uses old vocabs)
>
> An example that include these available [2]. Hope this works as an sample
> document.
>
> cheers,
>
> [1] http://kanzaki.com/docs/sw/img-annotator.html
> [2] http://kanzaki.com/works/2004/imgdsc/040122_1340.rdf

Masahide, that's great! (yum :) I was thinking to also add examples
showing:

location
entire image depicts something
part of image depicts person
entire image depicts event
creative commons license for image and metadata
thumbnail (maybe?)

Some of these would be optional, some not (license must be compulsory I
think).

I'd prefer annotator to be a person so we can provide a better
identifier for them than name, but maybe that's not acceptable in the
annotations schema?

I think something like this:

 <rdf:Description rdf:about=''>
  <an:annotates
rdf:resource='http://kanzaki.com/works/2004/imgdsc/040122_1340.jpg'/>
  <an:author>Masahide Kanzaki</an:author>
  <an:created>2004-01-22T16:05:44Z</an:created>
 </rdf:Description>

is definitely required so that we can identify (and remove if necessary)
annotations from a particular person or at a particular url.

It does leave room for multiple pictures annotated in the same file (a
good thing I think), although it won't allow annotations in the same
file made at different dates. This could be avoided by allowing
something like

<rdf:Description rdf:ID='anno1'>

as well as

<rdf:Description rdf:about=''>

This doesn't affect the rdf structures but might affect some
RDF aggregator implementations which use a url as a way of identifying a
selection of RDF. This is because the latter version links the document
itself with the annotation, and the former does not. So the latter
version (which is slightly restrictive) might be encouraged by us in
case we have to swiftly remove data.

cheers

Libby