Re: [w3photo] website

On Jan 18, 2004, at 19:23, Bryce Benton wrote:
> What about this line:
> />
>
> Is "text/xml" what I should use?

No. Since you are writing in XHTML you should use the proper MIME type,
which is "application/xhtml+xml":-

  <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/>

The problem with this is that some browsers (Internet Explorer for
Windows, chiefly) don't recognize it, so you would have to have some
server-side script to filter IE & friends and send
application/xhtml+xml as per the spec to the ones who do understand it.

Also, I don't think it's a good practice to specify the MIME type in a
meta http-equiv header. I reckon you would be better off sending that
with the HTTP headers.

> Should I change the charset to utf8?

Only if you plan to have UTF-8 content in these pages. Recently I tend
to prefer using UTF-8 myself but the author has to have extra care when
editing documents with this encoding so it might not be worth the
hassle for you.

> If you have any suggestions, complaints, or accolades for the website
> let me know.

You've done a good work, and you did it quickly. Keep that up :-)

Cheers.
--
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
<#me> a foaf:Person ; foaf:name "Antonio Cavedoni" ;