Re: The XML Schema GRDDL Story

On Dec 14, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 12:54 -0500, Eric Miller wrote:

>>> Yes... much better now. Thanks!
>>
>> excellent! you guys rock! :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hmm... prolly time to take this thread to the
> public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org list soon.

I'm ok with this.

>> Dom, I was thinking of adding this example to the GRDDL service [1]
>> because I think this is an example that many in the XML world will be
>> interested in.  Before I do, however, I wanted to know if you're OK
>> with this addition (you own the sig at the bottom of the page) and how
>> you / DanC feel about an example the specifics of which are not yet
>> reflected in the GRDDL note [2].
>
> Go for it. (I'm pretty sure Dom feels the same way).

Done. Feel free to wordsmith to taste...

$Id: grddl-xml-demo.html,v 1.9 2004/12/14 18:19:13 em Exp $

> I think the current GRDDL note actually covers this as it is,
> but perhaps it's sufficiently subtle that it's worth pointing
> out how the thing works recursively.

The recursive aspects are a bit subtle, but I think incredibly powerful
and as such worth making more explicit.  Additionally the Annotation
bit associated with XML schema (from my perspective) also warrants its
own section.

I'm still sort of on the fence about following xsi:schemaLocation, with
a slight preference to include this capability. But if you guys think
not, at least @@'ing this issue in an updated GRDDL note is probably
worthwhile.

> The GRDDL how-to currently doesn't mention the use of GRDDL
> except for XHTML pages. hmm.

Which 'how-to'? In the 'Status of the Document' section of the CG Note
both the XHTML and XML [1] demos are referenced.  Thats the path I've
been taking to get to these services.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/grddl-xml-demo

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/