Re: XSCH note

I've checked in my changes that were on my laptop, now I'm doing the
merge. The intro might be a little bit of work, but the rest looks
straightforward. I'm intending to do this uncritically, or else I'll
miss the deadline!

I'll let you know when I'm done.

Jeremy

Jeff Pan wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> My pass (based on the draft you delivered last Thursday) is available at
>
> http://dl-web.man.ac.uk/~panz/xsch-sw/
>

> Here is a briefly summary of what I have done.
>
> *Abstract:
>
> 1) Two questions -> three questions
> 2) I propose to stick to the term "datatype",  e.g. "user defined datatypes" instead of "user defined types". "Simple types" are datatypes from the XML Schema type system.
>

> *Introduction and Datatypes in RDF
>
> 1) I propose to add a new section 0 called "Introduction" and put your stuffs in "Datatypes in RDF" and rename the "Datatypes in RDF" section as "Related Datatype Formalisms", summarising the key ideas from the datatype formalisms of XML Schema, RDF, OWL and DL.
>
> 2) I merge and rearrange slightly the paragraphs in the Introduction section.
>

> *Related Datatype Formalisms:
>
> This section serves for two purposes:
> 1) a good summary of related datatype formalisms, so that readers don't have to dig the datatypes stuffs from a list of long documents by themselves;
>
> 2) the foundation for further formal analysis.
>
> This section contains Example_1A, Example_1B and Example_1C. Names of examples in Section 3 are modified accordingly, e.g. Example_3A.
>

> * Comparison of Values:
>
> 1) Primitive base datatype
> - "primitive base types" -> "primitive base datatypes"
> - In the paragraph after the definition of primitive base datatypes in a type system, I added some text about the slight differences between primitive base datatypes in a type system and primitive base datatypes in a unary datatype group.
>
> 2) The first paragraph in the "Float and Decimal" sub-section: "I was" -> "Jeremy was".
>
> 3) All Primitive Types Differ: add a short paragraph at the end about primitive base datatypes in a unary datatype group.
>
> 4) Using eq in RDF and OWL: add a paragraph about a third possibility.
>
> 5) True Values: add a short paragraph to summarise this sub-section.
>

> *References
>
> I added two items: [UNICODE] and [PAN 2004].
>
> Greetings,
> Jeff

s of the text for the URI section and the