RE: Modified soap12-part0.html

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Nilo Mitra (EUS) wrote:

> Thanks, Gudge. Without checking, I had mistakenly assumed that the
> editor I was using, W3C's Amaya, had inserted the appropriate unicode
> character codes. It had not, using platform specific support instead. I
> also see what Volker's problem is/was.

Well, the encoding of the document is iso-8859-1, which is the default for
text/html. As "d8  Ø", "f3  ó" and "c5  Å" are valid characters, they
don't need to be escaped.

(here are the HTTP headers sent:
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:51:37 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3
P3P: policyref="http://www.w3.org/2001/05/P3P/p3p.xml"
Cache-Control: max-age=21600
Expires: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:51:37 GMT
Last-Modified: Tue, 06 May 2003 23:47:37 GMT
ETag: "3eb84999"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

The conclusion is, the document is OK as-is, or should use the proper
iso-8859-1 encoding if the plain characters have to disappear.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C