Re: httpRange-14

So if I can try to summarize the positions...

Both sides agree that using URIs to identify different things should
be avoided.

The pro-hash side suggests that this ambiguity is best addressed by
constraining URIs to identifying cyc:ConceptualWorks.  This has the
advantage of simplicity, but the disadvantage that the fragment part
of a URI is only seen by the client, not by HTTP intermediaries and
servers.

The pro-slash side suggests that it is best addressed by using a
different URI to identify different things, or by being able to make
assertions about the results of a GET.  Intermediaries and servers
can see the whole URI.

From a "Do no harm" POV, the former appears more damaging in that many
resources on the Web today aren't cyc:ConceptualWorks.  Plus it reduces
visibility such that intermediaries aren't nearly as useful (they can't
tell which resource is being referenced, only which ConceptualWork).

Mark.