two comments on RDF Schema spec

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:33:55 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

Dan,

Two small commewnts on the RDF Schema spec:

> 2.3 rdfs:Literal
>
> ..
 >
 > rdfs:Literal is a subclass of rdfs:Resource.

Is this correct? I thought rdfs:Literal was not a resource.
This is also what rdfs.rdfs states.

> 3.2 rdfs:domain
>
> [..] >

> The rdfs:range of rdfs:domain is the class rdfs:Class.
 > This states that any resource that is the value of an
 > rdfs:domain property is an instance of rdfs:Class.

This leaves open the possibility that rdfs;Literal
(an instance of rdfs:Class)  can be defined as a domain.
Is this intended?

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html