RE: Types re-write for WSDL Part 1

Sanjiva,

I have not undone anything that you have done.

When did we decide that XML type systems would be treated the same as
everything else? I think we agreed to have XML Schema as a
fully-supported type system and to detail how one might use other XML
based type systems ( which Amy did ) and also to allow other type
systems to play ( by basically using similar mechanisms to those used by
'other' XML type systems ).

At the FTF in VA we agreed that extension elements/attributes ( which
other type systems would have to be ) would annotate the existing
component model with additional properties, as necessary. There was no
suggestions that we would rid ourselves of {element declarations} or
{type definitions} as far as I remember, nor can I find anything in the
minutes. In fact, it stops QName references from working if we don't
have two separate properties. I really think that having a types
component with a single bag of stuff is the wrong approach. I suggest
that other type systems add properties to the definitions component just
like {element declarations} and {type defintions} and defined how
referencing works between the attributes they specify for parts and
these properties ( this is, AFAICT what Amy has done for RelaxNG and
DTDs )

Either way we can't publish today as the types sections are now
incomplete.

Gudge