Re: Decent Hypermedia, and RDF vs. XML

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:05, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

> I still think everything was done bass-ackwards. RDF should've come
> first, so that people could think about the semantics of their li'l
> projects, and then all the serializations and applications could
> follow.

I think reality is what mandates things, more often than not, to be done
in an bass-ackwards way. In an ideal world the order would have been
reversed most certainly.

We have RDF now and so let's all keep working to put it in its place.
It's never fun changing a foundation, but it's not impossible.

> Anyway, from one RDF zealot to another...

This RDF zealot waves and says: Let's keep building RDF data, tools, and
applications that interoperate with the existing web -- and watch the
order be restored :)

--
Daniel Krech, http://eikeon.com/

Redfoot.net, http://redfoot.net/