Re: Comments on Proposed XHTML Module: Web Forms 2.0

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Matthew Mastracci wrote:

> I know that it's not the standard's job to specify the exact UI in the
> browser, but I'm certain the email-like GUI present in the spec at the
> current moment will end up in IE at some point.  ;)

It won't end up in IE. Microsoft are not making any further improvements
to IE's rendering engine.

> I don't know if I have a better idea, but perhaps the recommended UI
> should be one that changes from this (when unfocused):
>
> +----------------------------------------+
> | matt@aclaro.com, foo@something.com ... |
> +----------------------------------------+
>
> to this text-area-like-one-per-line layout (when focused):
>
> +----------------------------------------+
> | matt@aclaro.com                      |^|
> | foo@something.com                    | |
> | whoever@whereever.com                | |
> | *    <-- insertion mark (?)          |v|
>
> Perhaps someone can come up with a better idea than myself, but the idea
> is there and might prompt some discussion.  :)

If you can make a little picture for me to use, I'd be more than happy to
add it! :-)

(If you use e-mail addresses at sample domains, use example.org,
example.com and/or example.net, not "something.com" or "wherever.com", by
the way.)

Cheers,