RE: TBTF text for f2f

The original issue was the scope of our ed note (calling out which issues
are still open for discussion in the TBTF).  I would not agree with just
discussing the "binding specification" statement with dist-app, unless we
start discussing all the core issues of the TBTF on dist-app.

I see the content needing closure within the TBTF as:

Features are the modular components from which the contract between SOAP
nodes and the bindings they support are formed. A binding specification
details how the services of the underlying protocol are used to honor the
contract formed by the declaration of features supported by the binding
being specified.

The combination of the SOAP extensibility model and the SOAP binding
framework provides some flexibility in the way that particular features can
be expressed: They can be expressed entirely within the SOAP envelope (as
blocks), outside the envelope (typically in a manner that is specific to the
underlying protocol), or as a combination of such expressions. It is up to
the communicating nodes to decide how best to express particular features;
often when a binding-level implementation for a particular feature is
available, utilizing it when appropriate will provide for optimized
processing.

Editors note: some discussion continues on how best to represent the balance
of responsibility between binding specifications in particular, vs. other
software at the SOAP node, when dealing with features that are represented
entirely within the SOAP envelope. The paragraph above may need some
additional work to clarify.

Thus the ed note should refer to the above 2 paragraphs and not just the one
above.

As a side note, in reference to Stu's thoughts and one of my original
comments, it appears that bindings and binding specifications are 2 separate
documents.    Examples should be provided to illustrate a binding and a
binding specification, to clearly call out the differences in the two
documents and their usage.  Providing just an HTTP Binding Specification,
would be incomplete, and would not fully illustrate what our framework
provides(IMHO).  By saying this, I am not advocating this approach(yet), but
asking for more clarity if we do go this route.  (Glen - Are you planning on
covering such examples in your ftf presentation?)