Re: access problems

Eric may correct me but it seems to me that the "users" file needed for
access it not where it is supposed to be by
default:"/etc/apache/conf/users".  Maybe because apache is installed
somewhere else and paths need to be changed accordingly or some definition
files are missing from your installation.

Can you look the new documentation and see if it helps:

General documentation in configuring the Web server:
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/26-modules/User/Annotations-HOWTO#Configure_the_Web_Server

Here are some instruction for finding the locations:
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/26-modules/User/Annotations-HOWTO#Debugging_Tools

Marja