Re: Ruby Scripts

Regnier fabien wrote:
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.6/net/protocol.rb:221:in `error!': 401 Unauthorized
> (Net::ProtoFatalError)

That means that you didn't specify a valid username/passwd. Read http
error codes.

Should you want to use a 'newer' client to post/get/query/update/delete,
you can fetch ours at http://www.queinnec.org/essi/annotea.tar.bz2
It is a Java client (well, there's a whole Annotea/EARL backend using
HP's Jena as parser).

We did this as part of our 'internship' at the W3C in Sophia-Antipolis.
Charles asked me to post on the list an overview of our work, so here it is:

We're currently working on a project that consists in building a
"persistence layer" (big words, huh?) into WAIDr (pronounced WAI-Doctor,
see
http://boreon.essi.fr/rainbow/work/projects/students/essi2/2001-2002/WAI_doctor/site.html)
. This layer is very basic and relies on Annotea. Basically we generate
EARL reports with WAIDr's output and then post them to an Annotea
server. We can then retrieve them and stop bothering the user (the
person who's validating the web content) by always asking him the same
questions over and over again. For example, we need to validate the
longdesc part of an image (checking that it matches the actual image,
that it is relevant). We cannot do this in an automatized way... We need
some user input. So instead of revalidating the same stuff zillions of
times, we store it into an Annotea server and then for some next
sessions, we'll know that if some part hasn't changed, then there's no
need to revalidate it.
We have developped four different packages. An EARL package that creates
EARL reports, an HTTP package that posts/queries a server supporting the
Annotea protocol, an Annotea package for parsing the replies and an
XPointer package to create/resolve XPointers on a valid XHTML page. Do
not expect the packages to do everything you've dreamt of (especially
the XPointer one, which is a kinda dirty hack).
The most up-to-date archive can be found at
http://www.queinnec.org/essi/annotea.tar.bz2 . If you want to use/hack
it, feel free to. The license is the W3C Software License.