Re: time zones in annotation dates

In the new RDF specifications there is the possiblity to specify a datatype
for a literal. So we can write a date in one or another format, and provide a
datatype that identifies the year, month, second, etc so they can be related
to a different string format for date/time.

For now there is only what DC says about date at
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/

  Recommended best practice for encoding the date value is defined in a
  profile of ISO 8601 [W3CDTF] and follows the YYYY-MM-DD format.

and a similar note in the Annotation schema itself

  yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ format recommended

So it seems legal to use any kind of date format, if not carefully following
the recommendations.  (Having datatyping will be something that can help us
here...)

cheers

Chaals