Re: [FYI]: Updated the Amaya annotation update protocol

Hi,

I prefer to have the HTTP semantics less ambiguous. If a PUT always means
updating an existing thing, and a POST always means creating a new one, then
it is possible to create simpler servers - if they have to check the HTTP
protocol used and the message on the wire it introduces complexity and I
don't see any value in it.

Backwards compatibility with systems that don't do PUT seems a backwards step
given that Annotea is a new system anyway, and I would prefer to remove such
complications.

just my 2 cents

Chaals

(By the way I hope to have ruby command-line annotools that do replies next
week. On the one hand they should only take an hour to develop from teh
existing annotools at the outside. On the other hand I have a lot of things
to do that only take an hour...)