Re: Annotea Protocols - Updating annotation query

Hi Matthew!

At 09:59 PM 2/12/2002 +0000, Matthew Wilson wrote:
>Does an update replace the old annotation, or does it overwrite the old
>data? For example, if I wish to update the body of an annotation, but keep
>the author etc. the same, can I send a message containing just d:date and
>a:body, or do I have to send all the old metadata too?

Checked with Eric to be sure:
Update replaces the old annotation. You have to make a new copy of all the
data that was in the previous message as the data collected from the
old one as there can be several.

I'll cc Eric, if you want to discuss more about the implementation or
suggestions.

Marja