Re: changing annotation types under Amaya

Dear Colleagues,

   I have tried following these instructions, without success.  This is
my file in Amaya/config entitled mytypes.rdf:

<rdf:RDF
   xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">

<rdf:Description about="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/MyTypes#">
 <rdfs:comment>A namespace for describing types of
annotations</rdfs:comment>
 <rdfs:comment>$Revision: 1.2 $ $Date: 2000/11/03 21:40:17
$</rdfs:comment>
 <rdfs:seeAlso
resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/02/Collaboration/Annotation/papers"/>
</rdf:Description>

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/MyTypes#Kudos">
  <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Kudos</rdfs:label>
  <rdfs:comment>A class of Annotations representing positive
congratulations</rdfs:comment>
  <rdfs:subClassOf
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#Annotation"/>
  <rdfs:isDefinedBy resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/MyTypes#"/>
</rdfs:Class>

</rdf:RDF>

This is my revised annot.schemas file:

# annot.schemas
#
# specifies the RDF schemas to be pre-loaded for Annotations
#
# each line beginning with '#' is a comment
# all other non-empty lines must be in one of two formats:
# 1. namespacename
# 2. namespacename filename
#
# In case 1, an RDF schema is expected to be found at the namespace URI
# In case 2, the filename is expected to be a (local) copy of an RDF
#            schema for the namespace.  The strings $THOTDIR and
#            $APP_HOME may be used at the beginning of the filename
#            and will be expanded to the Amaya installation directory
#            and the user's amaya home directory respectively.

# Historical schema presented at WWW9. Obsolete.
#http://www.w3.org/1999/xx/annotation-ns#

#first release schema; do not change unless you also change the service
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#
$THOTDIR/config/annotschema.rdf

#some Annotation subclasses that we think will be useful
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotationType# $THOTDIR/config/annottypes.rdf

#to add new types (Tim Moore)
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/MyTypes# $THOTDIR/config/mytypes.rdf

I'd be grateful for advice.