Re: Photo metadata tool

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Libby Miller wrote:

Hi,

> I had a bit of a go at something like this, because I was so impressed
> with the RDFPic tool. Instead of embedding RDF in the images however, I
> stored all the information, including annotations and more fundamental
> cataloging information in a database. There's a little demo at

I wanted to have the rdf embedded in the picture to avoid losing comments
when the picture is transferred, or changed. As the server can, with the
right Accept: headers, return only the comment (and the same is possible
for HTTP PUT). Of course it doesn't preclude storing a copy of the
metadata in a db.
I like self-describing objects in general :)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C