Re: email changed + feedback for Annotea

Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org> wrote:

> I decided to make it two step process for a few reasons. First,
> the Annotea protocol is such that you can't get all of the data
> with a single GET.  First, the client sends the URI of interest
> to the server and it sends back a document which contains a list
> of all of the URI's annotations.  Then a second GET is done
> to get the actual annotation since each annotation is stored as
> a separate document.  Second, I didn't want to take the hit of
> preloading every annotation since I think the list is itself
> useful.  I was concerned about how long it would take if a
> document had lots of annotations but perhaps some buffering
> could be done.

Even without preloading the annotations, would it be possible to make a
shortcut for the most common operation (view). That way, you could just
click on the title to go right to the content of the annotation instead of
having to select the radio button, search for the correct submission button,
etc.

Thanks.