Re: email changed + feedback for Annotea

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 11:09:13AM -0700, Laurent Denoue wrote:
> - I don't like to login and type my password each time I create or look at
> annotations: could you set up a mode where there is no need for password
> and where my login is read from cookies?

Hmmm - the user and password should be stored in cookies
so you should only have to enter them once for every
browser session.

What browser and version are you using?

Have you turned off cookies?

> - I don't like to have to click on the annotations in the "Select" checkbox
> in order to see the annotations.

Yeah, I also thought about doing it that way and perhaps an
option button is the right way to go.

I decided to make it two step process for a few reasons. First,
the Annotea protocol is such that you can't get all of the data
with a single GET.  First, the client sends the URI of interest
to the server and it sends back a document which contains a list
of all of the URI's annotations.  Then a second GET is done
to get the actual annotation since each annotation is stored as
a separate document.  Second, I didn't want to take the hit of
preloading every annotation since I think the list is itself
useful.  I was concerned about how long it would take if a
document had lots of annotations but perhaps some buffering
could be done.

Art
---