Re: Amaya: call for relauching the project ?

Etienne Saliez a écrit ce qui suit, le 19/03/14 12:07 :
> Before using Amaya, I did use KOMPOZER which is today no more
> maintained and which is not optimal about W3C standards, although
> still accepted by Firefox.
Kompozer was a fork from NVU, because the author stopped with NVU to
write new code from scratch. This is done now: BlueGriffon
(http://bluegriffon.org/). The aims and criteria are different from
those of Amaya, but it may help compose in wysiwyg. (I write mostly
XHTML code directly —when not writing TEI XML, also in code—, but I like
wysiwyg to build a table for example.)
Mind the fact that it is meant to be user friendly: any blank in HTML
code is one space in the rendering, but for people who like to actually
put more space and knowing little about code, NVU, Kompozer and
BlueGriffon use non breaking space for a second space. If you type two
spaces by accident and then delete the ordinary space, you may end up
with unwanted non breaking spaces.)