Re: Amaya on Gentoo

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:25:38 +0000
Jack <ostroffjh@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> First, get the ebuild file from
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/amaya.ebuild.  To use it, you need to set
> up a local overlay.  Instructions are at
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml.  Using the ebuild
> allows you to control the configuration using USEflags.  It may be a
> bit more work than compiling directly, but it helps assuring you have
> all dependencies and it is usually easier to upgrade versions.  Also,
> using emerge saves the log of the configure/build process, which helps
> tracking down problems.

Sorry i have overlay in work, but when i put the ebuild file there nothing
happen. When i fetch a overlay with amaya in it, portage say me only:

gentoo-mobile portage # emerge -s amaya
Searching...   - * EAPI assignment in ebuild 'app-editors/amaya-11.3.1::amielke-overlay'
 * does not conform with PMS section 7.3.1 (see bug #402167):
 * 	valid EAPI assignment must occur on or before line: 8
 * NOTE: This error will soon become unconditionally fatal in a future
 * version of Portage, but at this time, it can by made non-fatal by
 * setting FEATURES=-parse-eapi-ebuild-head in make.conf.

[ Results for search key : amaya ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

emerge: search: aux_get() failed, skipping

 * Messages for package app-editors/amaya-11.3.1:

 * EAPI assignment in ebuild 'app-editors/amaya-11.3.1::amielke-overlay'
 * does not conform with PMS section 7.3.1 (see bug #402167):
 * 	valid EAPI assignment must occur on or before line: 8
 * NOTE: This error will soon become unconditionally fatal in a future
 * version of Portage, but at this time, it can by made non-fatal by
 * setting FEATURES=-parse-eapi-ebuild-head in make.conf.

> OK.  As I see it, that means it is not trying to use the system libwww
> (which you may not have anyway) so something seems to have gone wrong
> during the configuration.  Is there anything in the
> /home/siefke/Downloads/Amaya/obj/libwww directory?  Do you see anything
> in the output of ./configure related to libwww that looks like it might
> be a problem?

I must try new compile, because i have delete the directory. I have give up.

Regards and Thanks for help
Silvio