Re: Amaya on Gentoo

On 2012.11.09 20:49, Silvio Siefke wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 17:58:24 -0500 Jack wrote:
>> It looks like you are trying to compile from source without using
>> the ebuild from the Amaya download page.  If I translate the German
>> correctly, it looks like there is no Makefile in the libwww
>> directory, so the real source of the error is probably much higher
>> in the log. First, what is in
>> /home/siefke/Downloads/Amaya/obj/libwww.  Second, what parameters
>> did you provide to configure?
> How can install the ebuild file from Amaya?
First, get the ebuild file from
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/amaya.ebuild.  To use it, you need to set
up a local overlay.  Instructions are at
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml.  Using the ebuild
allows you to control the configuration using USEflags.  It may be a
bit more work than compiling directly, but it helps assuring you have
all dependencies and it is usually easier to upgrade versions.  Also,
using emerge saves the log of the configure/build process, which helps
tracking down problems.

>> I am also still trying to compile Amaya under Gentoo (see separate
>> message about my problems related to raptor), but looking in my
>> build log, it looks like I had no problem doing the "make -C libwww"
>> which is why I'm guessing your problem is related to your configure
>> parameters. I don't think any of the software versions you listed
>> are related to your failure.
> I run only ./configure ; make
OK.  As I see it, that means it is not trying to use the system libwww
(which you may not have anyway) so something seems to have gone wrong
during the configuration.  Is there anything in the
/home/siefke/Downloads/Amaya/obj/libwww directory?  Do you see anything
in the output of ./configure related to libwww that looks like it might
be a problem?

> Regards
> Silvio
Jack