Re: XHTML+RDFa

At 08:57 2010-10-19, Lars Bruzelius <Lars.C.A.Bruzelius@telia.com> wrote:
>How do I use Dublin Core expressed in RDF to describe a document? A
>document created by Amaya with the profile "XHTML+RDFa" is by
>default saved with an "html" file extension. However if I include
>Dublin Core expressed in RDF in the head of the document, the
>contents are displayed by Amaya and other browsers. I.e. in the
>example below the text "Lars Bruzelius" is displayed.
>
><rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
>   <rdf:Description>
>     <dc:creator>Lars Bruzelius</dc:creator>
>   </rdf:Description>
></rdf:RDF>
>
>This behaviour is not what I expected. I understand that I can
>supress the content from being displayed using css:

>rdf\:Description {display: none}

This generates an "Invalid pseudo-element "Description"" parsing
error in Amaya. Is this a bug? The "\" should cancel the special
meaning of the ":" character in CSS.

>This works with other browsers, but not Amaya.

I should have said "some" other browsers as Firefox do not allow
"custom" tags in HTML. This example has also been tested with other
file-types, e.g. xhtml and xml with the following browsers:

Amaya   11.3.1
Chrome  6.0.472.63
Firefox 3.6.11
IE      9 beta
Opera   10.53

The files have been served locally on a Windows 7 system as:
html:  text/html
xhtml: application/xhtml+xml
xml:   text/xml

The results are: