Re: automatic replacement: entities and applet stuff

Hi guys,

 and thanks again for your assistance.

@ Chaas

Thanks for your reply!
I wish I was able to contribute to the bug fixing, but I can understand
your explanation only vaguely.
I think I should be content with pointing out the bug.
That's a contribution, isn't it?

@ Helder

Sorry for the missing lines issue, I just thought that using
the forum's "girly" features was ok. Actually it took me a while to
have those frigging lines show up in my message. At first I tried
with html plus a few "verbatim" tags, but that did not work.
Strangely enough, only the "parameter" tags disappeared.
Then I found out about the "raw" tag, and that worked
(with the html checkbox not set, if I recall correctly).

>I'd say this is probably unrelated and I still think this particular
>behavior can be even seen as a feature. That other one is definitely a
>bug...

Yes, I definitely agree. I was quoting myself when writing "problem".
What I was trying to say is that it seemed to me that amaya's behaviour
in the two cases was triggered by similar circumstances.

If I understand correctly, Chaas seems to suggest this as well, the
circumstances
being e.g. moving from one window to another (I'm pretty sure this is what
kept happening
in my case, if memory serves)

[quoting Chaas]
>This also explains why the source code editing is like a separate document
> - in reality, it *is* a separate document, and they are synchronised when
> you do certain things like move from one window to another.

Anyway I agree that the entity replacement is a feature and the line
shuffling is a bug :)

I had a look at the bug report, and I saw your comment about the "object"
tag.
I vaguely recall trying that, with no success. But that was weeks ago,
before
the sudden death of my poor hard disk. I'm still recovering (from) that.

Thanks a lot again,

ciao

Francesco