Bug: param, applet elements reversed Re: automatic replacement: entities and applet stuff

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:12:17 +0100, pfb42 <pf.buonsante@gmail.com> wrote:

> No wait, there must be something wrong with the way you are visualizing
> my message. I'm posting from the web and, I guess, you're reading the
> mailing list through your email client.
> There must be a glitch somewhere, because some bits of my post disappear
> in the process.

Yes...

A simplified version:

Amaya converts

<applet...>
   <param...>
   Helpful content for non-java users
</applet>

into

<param...>
<applet...>
   Helpful content for non-java users
</applet>

Which is actually a pretty serious bug.

Amaya uses an internal model of the document, rather than just the source
code, and it effectively throws away the original source code when it
generates its model. Which is why it converts entities and changes source
code layout - it generates source code to save the document it has in its
memory.

This also explains why the source code editing is like a separate document
- in reality, it *is* a separate document, and they are synchronised when
you do certain things like move from one window to another.

Fixing this bug involves looking in the files where Amaya decides how to
parse things - if you're interested to try and fix it, have a look at the
developer's info on teh Website (warning, that could do with some
clarification, if anyone has spare time to donate).

cheers

Chaals