Re: Changes in the German translation

Good morning, Fred,

Thank you for your response.

> For example, "Exit Amaya" is replaced by "Beenden"
> (no reference to Amaya),

Yes, you're right! The word-for-word translation is "Amaya beenden". The
germanised translation is simply "Beenden". Which program would otherwise
have meant?  ;-)

> "New Drawing" is replaced by "Grafik" ("new"
> removed) etc

Yes, you're right, too! The item in the menu is > File > _NEW_ > Graphic...
(derived from SVG "Scalable Vector _GRAPHIC_s")
The other entries are
  Datei (File) > Neu (New) > Dokument (Document)...   and
  Datei (File) > Neu (New) > Formel (Formula)...

I have taken into account existing items in the menu, and omitted the word
"Neu" (the menu item is already > Neu). This is also consistent with other
menu entries. So why repeat THIS item? ((((File > New > New New New))))

-> The possible German translations for "Drawing" are (for information:
there are more available!): Malerei, Zeichnung, Bild, Grafik, ... (drawing =
possible for also image, picture, grapic).
The word "Zeichnung" is not false, but "Grafik" (SV_G_) is more correct!

> Don't you think we should rather update the
> german manuals?

Which german manuals? :-)
Well, the _NEW_ German translation based of -2009 has so far completed as
announced (only proofread, review of links). I will send the complete
translation in the first calender week 2010 (sorry, leached out because of
cold.) In the English original user manual/help some data no longer match to
version 11.x. I will also send inconsistencies that have struck me.

Have a nice day, and Merry Christmas

Jörg