Re: content width inside tables

oops  even making it class nav  that is forcing width:auto
did not cure the problem...  in fact even applying white-space:nowrap
does not prevent the wrapping although there is enough room for
content to fit without wrapping....  causes all my website pages
to break  but only in Amaya so it is not likely to be reported by users

On 19/08/2009, at 4:09 AM, ve3ll@cogeco.ca wrote:

> This short example illustrates a problem calculating element content
> width
> inside of a table.  the table is three columns. the second column
> wraps
> unneededly causing extra lines.  width of table allows more on line
> view in any other browser to see expected results ...
> //

hmmm, interesting.
On first opening this test in Amaya, the center table cell
does not use the width: auto parameter to completely fill
the space between the two outer cells. This can be seen from the
green border. It is not simply a case of the cell
not handling its text contents

If I use the window adjust corner to squash the window
too narrow, there comes a point where the outer cells
crowd in and touch the center cell. Dragging the window
out wider now leaves the center cell behaving as it should.
???

Amaya 11.2
MacOS 10.5.7

Peter Kerr