Re: "Too many Redirects".

On 4/03/2009, at 10:52 PM, Laurent Carcone wrote:

> Amaya is based on the libwww for HTTP requests and there is indeed a
> maximum of redirection allowed in the library (I guess to avoid
> infinite loop). By default this maximum is set to 5 and Amaya set it
> to 7 at the initialization (so more than the spec suggests).
> I haven't see any difference between HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1
> concerning this aspect in the library.
> So , there is no way in the current version to dynamically change
> this maximum.
> I guess it's the first report on this problem, the mail you pointed
> out concerns a redirection problem for the PUT method and I think it
> has been fixed.

Slightly OT, but,

I have had the "too many redirects" error thrown on other browsers
than Amaya, from a particular site using at least two different
servers for components of a page, where server side scripting would
sometimes conspire with the physical distance between the servers to
cause a race condition when a browser's response was too fast. The
race condition resolved itself eventually as the page loaded, and was
ignored by the browser used by the majority of that site's clients, so
the site's owners claimed no incentive to fix the problem.

Peter Kerr
School of Music