Re: [Announce] Amaya 11.0.1

In article <1230049254.6563.239.camel@vanuatu.inrialpes.fr>,
   Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi,

> Amaya 11 was republished (11.0.1). The main reason is to fix
> vulnerabilities generated by possible buffer overflows.

> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

     ... and to you too!

     There are a few alarming things about this version of Amaya when
running under SuSE 11.1. It loads fine, is perfectly usable - BUT!!! This
is a big but I am sorry to say. I cannot get Amaya to quit at all. I have
tried the "Exit Amaya" option at the bottom of the 'File' drop-down menu. I
have tried the Close tab and Close Window options there. In desperation I
tried to close the Window Manager window in which Amaya is running - all to
no avail. Amaya just "sits there and grins at me" - so to speak - doing
nothing.

     I can, however, iconise it and roll it up (which are purely Window
Manager functions, of course). The only way to "quit" Amaya is to 'kill -9
...." it. I am sure that this is not the intention.

     If it is of any interest or relevance, I use the OroboROX Window
Manager - but have seen no problems with that and many earlier versions of
Amaya.

               Keith Hopper

--
Inspired!