Re: Preferences dialog, and a couple of other items

Le mardi 09 septembre 2008 à 16:54 +0100, Steve Crook a écrit :
> Running Win XP and Amaya 10.1 pre 4. I uninstalled a 10.0 install
> prior to installing 10.1 pre4.
>
> I have the 'Panel bar position' on the left and if I call up the
> preferences dialog it shows the 'Panel bar position' as being 'Align
> left'. The 'apply' button is enabled despite the fact I've not changed
> anything. If I click 'apply' my Panel bar shifts to the right and I
> get a 'Confirm' dialog that says my changes(???) won't be applied til
> I restart Amaya. The 'Panel bar position' is still showing as 'Align
> left' in the dialog....

That bug was discovered last week and fixed immediatly.

> The above 'Confirm' dialog appears to be system modal and not just
> modal to the preferences dialog. As I'm typing this email the dialog
> is in front of my email programs compose window or any other window on
> my desktop.

The same Confirm dialog is used to warn the user about important
decisions. It's why the dialog is system modal.

> When I double click on a link I get the file opened and it replaces
> the old file rather than being in a new tab. I can see that this is
> the behaviour I'd expect according to the 'Browsing' help page, but
> I've got Preferences/Browsing/Opening Location/In new tab set. The
> help on 'Browsing preferences' doesn't explain what 'In new tab'
> actually does when it is set, but I'd assumed it was supposed to
> modify the link opening behaviour...

Yes, the double click always replaces the current document.

Options 'In new tab', ... in Preferences/Browsing/Opening Location is
used to choose the position of the document opened with the "Open"
button or the URL combo box.
It's explained in the "Browsing preferences" section in Configure Amaya
page.

> Regards
>
> Steve

Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>