Re: £ converted into £,   converted into ~

Hi John,

This is not a bug: Amaya generates entities, when the character doesn't
exist in the current encoding.
When your document is utf-8 encoded, there is not reason to generate an
entity to code the pound character.
When I write a French document, I won't understand why Amaya will
generate entities for each "é", "è", etc. characters except if the
document is ascii encoded.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA