Re: Bug and/or Unwanted behavoure on typing indented text.

Corne Beerse wrote:
> Irene Vatton wrote:
>> Le mercredi 09 avril 2008 à 15:53 +0200, Corne Beerse a écrit :
>>
>> <<<<<< overhead removed >>>>>>
> I've peeked in the html code and have seen the way indent is
> implemented in amaya. For indent of normal paragraphs <p>, there is no
> alternative than to do it by style or such. Since Amaya is an example
> implementation and you say a global CSS rule would be better, why does
> Amaya not do it as follows (if possible?): If an indent is wanted on
> an paragraph, create a style 'indent1 on a paragraph' and use that.
> 2nd level indent can be 'indent2 on a paragraph' and so in. I have
> several ideas on where and how to store the style definition, they
> include the top of the same file, opening the attached css file or
> just ask the user.
>
> Now I'm peeking at the html: if I remove the indent, the style is left
> in the type. Or is it cleared on save as 'obsolete'?
>
> On the other hand, I also used the indent button on list items <li>.
> Since <li> items can be used nested, I kind of expected that would be
> the case. I have to admit, that is what I'm used to in msWord, but it
> is a way to avoid style-sheets. Otherwise, If I want the <li> items
> nested, how do I do that?

I'd like to add that with bullets (<li> items) the behavoure has been
changed between version 9 and version 10. Here I have the impression it
was with indent but it is the way the next item gets it type.

a second hit on return made it the next <li>. Subsequent returns move
outside the bullet levels. In Amaya 10, there is a slight change that to
get a <p> inside a <li> needs shift-return. These messages made me think
and try. Now I know, there is no reason to report this as a bug.
Specially since the amaya 9 behavoure differed from other editors where
amaya 10 is moved towards them.

I have to admit here that hitting the bullet button once more while at a
bullet, the sublist is opened. It would be nice if there is a way to
'indent' a selection of bullets by making it a <ul><li> inside the
already existing <li>.

>>> btw: the above is on using indent on normal <p> paragraphs. While
>>> using bullets it is even more strange to me, I expect that to be
>>> related however.

Regards (and thanks for Amaya)

Corné Beerse