Re: [Announce] Amaya 9.54

Irene Vatton wrote:

>The Amaya team is pround to announce Amaya 9.54
>
>This release provides bug fixes and following new features:
>  o The status bar is now active and can be used to select enclosing elements
>  o Extension of the contextual menu attached to tabs
>    (new tab, refresh tab, close other tabs)
>  o All CSS border styles are now supported
>  o Implementation of the display="block" attribute of the math element
>  o Implementation of SVG attributes viewBox and preserveAspectRatio
>  o Templates have been introduced in Amaya, but this feature is not yet
>     available by default.
>    See http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Templates/Overview.html
>
>An Amaya 8.54 is also released, and it will be the last release of this family
>version.
>
>Binaries distributions are available at:
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html

By default, all amaya instalaltions install by default in their own
directory, with the version number in the directory name. I see the
advantage for the users that use multiple versions of amaya side by
side. However as a system administrator, I'd like to install new
versions of Amaya in the same directory, replacing the old one. Can the
next binary installation change the default to not include the
versionnumber in the directories?

The major advantage is that other tools like msFrontpage donnot need to
be reconfigured about where to find Amaya.

Regards

C. Beerse.