Re: 8.53 Bug: INS and DEL are not inserted as block-level

Hi Irčne,

Thanks for the response.

Sorry to say, but INS and DEL "may serve as either block-level or inline elements", according to the HTML Spec (they are categorised as "%flow" in the DTDs).

(The code example I provided causes not parsing errors in Amaya and also validates correctly at W3C HTML Validator.)

I can see the logic in making them both block-level and inline, because the content of a section of a Web page (containing several block-level elements) can have the status of being inserted or deleted.

Regards,
Thomas Jedenfelt