Re: Proof is in the PUT-ing

On Sunday 14 January 2007 23:35, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> An Amaya newbie here - trying to dip my feet into PUT - hi!
>
> Having spent some hours trying to get it to work on my machine (Mac OS
> X), I wondered if people here would be able share how they have
> implemented PUT on their servers? And by 'servers', I think of Apache.
>
> For Apache I know two methods: Either the mod_put module, or a Script
> directive. I first tried mod_put - and gave up. Now I am trying the
> latter, which I'd rather use, if I can manager.
>
> The PHP web site mentions Amaya (even if the Amay web site doesn't
> mention PHP) <http://www.php.net/manual/pl/features.file-upload.php>.
> And it has the actual description here:
> <http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.put-method.php>.
>
> But alas, I don't get the PHP solution to work. THere is probably
> something in the script that I did not understand - or perhaps Amay
> doesn't work with PHP and PUT?
>
> Very glad if someone could shed some light on this for me.

With Apache 2, the mod_put module doesn't seem to work, so you have to install
and activate WebDav module:

To enable mod_dav, add the following to a container in your httpd.conf file:

<Directory />
    Dav On
</Directory>

This enables the DAV file system provider, which is implemented by the
mod_dav_fs module. Therefore, that module must be compiled into the server or
loaded at runtime using the LoadModule directive.
In addition, a location for the DAV lock database must be specified in the
global section of your httpd.conf file using the DavLockDB directive:

# This is the configuration we experimented to publish on a Web server
# you must take particular care to assure that your server is secure before
enabling mod_dav.

<IfModule mod_dav_fs.c>
    # Location of the WebDAV lock database.
    DAVLockDB /var/lib/dav/lockdb
    DAVMinTimeout 600
</IfModule>

For more information, see Apache documentation
(/var/www/manual/mod/mod_dav.html.en)