Re: 9.53: file management and missing dirs

Yes, probably it is so. The miss dirs have (apparently) the same NTFS
rights but some of them allow inheritable permissions from the parent,
some others have the copy of the rights and I'm not sure when they
changed last time.

After that and just to well understand, does Amaya file manager runs in
the same logged user context?

At least Amaya.exe is a standard user application running in the WinXP
user mode with the logged user account rights and, I suppose, it doesn't
use network protocol to browse the system hard disk.

My account (which runs Amaya) has admin rights on my system, so I don't
understand the difference between browsing the same dirs with WinXP
explorer (file manager) and Amaya file manager, with the same user
account (having different results).

Best regards,

Cristiano Guglielmetti
http://www.webalice.it/cguglielmetti