Re: Amaya-9.55-pre3 X Window error!

Hi Keith,

On Thu, June 28, 2007 02:21, Keith Hopper wrote:

> In article <200706260911.03780.vatton@inrialpes.fr>,
>    Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote: in reply to -
>> The solution is to launch amaya with the script "amaya" or to set the
>> environment variable before launching amaya_bin
>
>> env XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
>
>      I really regret to say this, but, having followed exactly your
> instruction I receive the same error message (different serial of course)
> -
> XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS -is- set to 1!!!
>      I even tried with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for compilation explicitly set
> to the lib64 versions - with no difference! Nothing else which I have
> compiled/used produces any X11/gtk errors so far as I can tell - so I
> wonder??

I guess is you're being hit by the "other" GDK error. So far we've
identified two conditions that trigger it :
-When running AIGLX and the Composite extension, which can be worked
around with what Irene suggested.
-When using non-DRI GLX rendering with Mesa. DRI works fine, X11 software
rendering is ok but slow, software GLX crashes. The problems is actually
somewhere between wxWidgets, Mesa and Xserver, according to an X/Mesa
developper. You can have a look at [1] for more informations.

My guess would be that you run with DRI disabled...