Re: Bug reports: path, line & zoom

Irene,

now using 9.52 hadn't found the snapshot previously, tx.

 >>Hum, there is a "XHTML 1.0 Strict" doctype and the document
includes embed
 >>elements? This is not valid.

I know :-( however it works for firefox opera and webkit, a poor excuse.
still considering how to use strict, conform and display ~:"

 >>In my Amaya 9.52 version, divs enlarge too.

it's true they enlarge but not in proportion, try zooming more than
once or  twice and the SVG soon outgrows the divs.
this only happens in Amaya.

 >>It's not missing but too small.
 >>Probably this is due to the interpretation of the viewBox="0 0 150
150" within
 >>an embed or object HTML element.

you may be right, but all the graphics have identical viewBox, and
embed/object
this is where I had the greatest difficulty creating a test case.

you failed to comment on the crayon example.

my apologies once again that this bug report is such a mess.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 17 Oct 2006, at 09:00, Irene Vatton wrote:

On Sunday 15 October 2006 18:12, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> amaya -9.51 apr21 2006
> os x
> embedding svg in html

Hum, there is a "XHTML 1.0 Strict" doctype and the document includes
embed
elements? This is not valid.

> zoom: http://www.peepo.co.uk/peepo2/index.html
> please note how the svg enlarges, but the html divs dont. safari-
> webkit, ff and opera zoom html and svg in ratio.

In my Amaya 9.52 version, divs enlarge too.

> path & line: http://www.peepo.co.uk/peepo2/index.html
> had enormous difficulty isolating a simple test case :-(

I noted a warning report with my Firefox version about the scale
attribute
probably about "scale(0.5)":
scale() accepts 1 or 2 comma or space separated non-zero parameters

> please note how 'weather' and 'choose' graphics are missing

It's not missing but too small.
Probably this is due to the interpretation of the viewBox="0 0 150
150" within
an embed or object HTML element.

> yet sources display fine:
> http://www.peepo.co.uk/peepo2/svg/hammer.svg
> http://www.peepo.co.uk/peepo2/svg/cloud.svg
>
> http://www.peepo.co.uk/peepo2/svg/crayon.svg displays significantly
> different to embedded crayon
> ie line widths and displacement are very different, again compare
> with other UAs
>
> best wishes
>
> Jonathan Chetwynd
>
> please email me for clarification on any of the above.
>
> also:
>
> tab navigation is absolutely fabulous :-) pity it wasn't in the
> spec....

This is a standard in HTML browsers: tab skips to the next anchor.

> congratulations on beating the field with the animation :-)
> pity http://www.peepo.co.uk is such a mess... few bugs to report
> there then ~:"

We'll have a look at these examples as soon as possible.