Re: Binary won't start gives gdk )not gtk) error

Hi Harry,

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 09:17 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I think this list is supposed to be a users list but it appears to be
> more like a developers list.  So this may be some lowlevel stuff
> compared to other things posted here... But I am hoping to be a user
> so here it is:
>
> I managed to get a successfull build with these configure flags:
>
>     ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/src/test1 --with-gtk \
>                                         --enable-bookmarks
>
> I did get an error something about not finding libraptor
> ../redland/raptor/.libs/libraptor.a: No such file...
>
> I didn't save it properly so don't have exact message.  It seemed to
> be solved by cd to Amaya/gtk/redland/raptor  and run `make'
>
> Then back to Amaya/gtk and run `make all' again.   At least the build
> finished with no more errors.

I noticed this bug too. The problem occurs probably because you have the
libraptor development files installed (at least it was my case). The
redland.diff package I sent at [0] should fix the problem.

> But attempting to run the binary causes this error:
>
>   bin/amaya
>   Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial 103 error_code 8 request_code 56 minor_code 0

I've seen this bug, too. It happens on some machines, not on some other,
and I have no idea what is wrong.

> I did try one of the tests suggested if binary won't start:
>
>   ldd bin/amaya  Didn't show any errors but I wasn't sure if I was
>   supposed to be able to recognize all the required libs or if it
>   would give some kind of error if something was missing.

It's definitely not a linking problem. If it was that problem, you would
get a message about unresolved symbols.

> I didn't have strace installed so while I'm installing it I thought
> maybe someone would just recognize the problem...

It has been reported several time, but I have no idea what is wrong so
far (please note that I am not an Amaya developper but only the new
maintainer for Debian).

[0] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya/2006JanMar/0229.html

HTH,

Regis